Read Write Inc Parents Page
What is Read Write Inc?
Read Write Inc is a phonics programme which was developed by Ruth Miskin. It helps all children to learn to read fluently and at speed, so they can focus on developing their skills in comprehension, vocabulary and spelling.
How will RWI be taught?
The children are assessed and grouped according to their ability.
At the end of each half term the children will be assessed again to check they have made progress and will be grouped again. This allows complete participation in lessons.
Please click here for useful ways in which you can help your child with Phonics at home.
Parent video: What is Read Write Inc Phonics
Five key principles underpin the teaching in all Read Write Inc. sessions:
- PACE – no time is wasted during teaching sessions! Children are active and involved in a fun and creative way.
- PRAISE – teachers praise the children constantly throughout the teaching sessions.
- PURPOSE – each activity has a very clear purpose. The teacher will set this purpose at the beginning of the lesson so that the children know exactly what they will be learning.
- PARTICIPATION – all children take part in all parts of the lesson. Full participation is gained through partner work and choral response.
- PASSION – as a staff we are passionate about our teaching and the benefits of the Read, Write Inc. programme!