Character comes from the Greek word Kharakter, which means “to engrave with a stick.” At Timbertree Academy, we think of character like a stamp that you use to make an impression in the wax of yourself.
Character Education is integral to the work of our school as we believe in forming well-education and rounded young people ready to take their place in the world. As part of our broad and balanced curriculum, we aim to promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of pupils and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
At Timbertree, our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Our Values are:
Relationships = Learning = Success
Our Vision for the Children:
Our Mission is:
"Together we learn to succeed"
We strive to ensure all our relationships are secure and strong with our families, children, and adults.
Our Aims for the Children:
- To have enquiring minds and to think better for themselves
- To be creative, resourceful and be able to solve problems
- To understand and learn better how they learn from their mistakes
- To develop a sense of self-worth and build belief in themselves
- To become increasingly independent, take initiative and organise themselves well
- To work co-operatively with others and in teams
- To respect others and act with integrity
- To feel they can change things for the better
- To provide all pupils with the opportunities to learn and achieve
- To prepare all our pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life