At Timbertree Academy, we aim to teach a high-quality physical education curriculum, that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physical activities. We provide opportunities for our pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health, fitness and overall wellbeing. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
It is expected that our school will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport